The Masters of ArchiCAD 2016 Summit Explained – Themes, Topics, Program Info
People are calling this week’s Masters of ArchiCAD Summit the online ArchiCAD event of the year.
It’s our second annual virtual conference featuring presentations by a dozen ArchiCAD veterans from around the world.
These are users who design buildings, create models, produce construction documents, and deal with clients.
Just like you, only a bit further down the road, perhaps.
So…what’s in it for you?
Why should you care?
What’s this all about?
In this post I’ll tell you!
The Masters of ArchiCAD Summit is a unique, “can’t miss” event for all passionate ArchiCAD users. It’s absolutely worth your time to watch these webinar sessions, either live on Thursday and Friday (see schedule below), or later as recorded videos.
First of all…
Masters of ArchiCAD Summit is made for YOU if…
- You want to get the most out of ArchiCAD
- You get excited when you learn how something tricky and/or time consuming can be done more easily and quickly
- You know your 3D model could be taken further
- You aspire to deliver higher quality documents that make construction go smoothly
- You aim for continual improvement; “good enough” isn’t good enough for you
- ArchiCAD is a key competitive advantage that helps you win projects
THEMES AND TOPICS FOR SUMMIT 2016
I’ve carefully selected presenters who push ArchiCAD to the limits. Not necessarily in terms of exotic architecture (although a few of them do projects that are pretty “far-out”), nor in terms of size (most work on smaller projects), nor materials.
However all of them drive this tool hard, and make it deliver the goods. In general, they’ve figured out how to make it perform like a precision instrument, carrying their design firm to success, making clients happy and actually having some fun themselves.
Here are some of the themes that we’ll be exploring during the Summit:
- CONCEPTUAL DESIGN – making conceptual design more fluid, efficient and flexible (Yanes, Gilchrist, Haynes, Horvath)
- DATA AND COLLABORATION – leveraging data / building information flow / improving collaboration (Hopkins, Ball, Lettner, Matthews)
- WORKFLOW AND SPEED – optimizing project workflow and speed of delivery – (Hohman, Matthews, Lawes, Bobrow, Horvath)
- CLIENT COMMUNICATION – creative adaptations of tools and methods (Horvath, Haynes, Hohman, Gilchrist, Allsopp)
- PUSHING THE LIMITS – cutting edge tools and ideas (Allsopp, Ball, Hopkins)
The Masters of ArchiCAD Summit will inspire you and teach you practical methods that you can take back to the office. It’s an event AND it’s a reference library of case studies, tips and tricks, and eye-opening peeks behind the curtain and over the shoulder of these veterans.
CLICK HERE for advance price tickets at half-price
(Only $147 through Wednesday night)
Hey – what if you can’t fit this in to your schedule?
Or can only watch a little bit this week?
Sign up now and you’ll get permanent access to the video recordings.
MASTERS OF ARCHICAD SUMMIT SCHEDULE
(ALL TIMES PST / LOS ANGELES = GMT – 8)
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 4
9 am – Phil Allsopp, USA
Using Point Cloud Files from Laser Surveys for As-Built Data
10:30 am – Gary Lawes, UK
Hacking GDL – Practical Parametric Object Making, Part 2
12 Noon – Timothy Ball, UK
IFC Automated Specifications and Keynotes
1:30 pm – Van Hohman, USA
Optimized Workflow and Client Communications for Remodels
3 pm – Eugenio Fontán Yanes, Hong Kong
From Concept to BIM: ArchiCAD Design Strategies
4:30 pm – Karoly Horvath, Australia
Managing Colour Schemes in ArchiCAD
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 5
9 am – Ed Haynes, USA
ArchiCAD Design for Live Events, Restaurants and Theater
10:30 am – shawn B hopkins, South Africa
Using Data to Inform the ArchiCAD Design Workflow
12 Noon – Andreas Lettner, Austria
Collaborative Design with ArchiCAD BIM Server
1:30 pm – Duncan Gilchrist, USA
Concept Modeling: Complex Geometries and Large Projects
3 pm – Eric Bobrow, USA
ArchiCAD Speed Tricks, Shortcuts and Power Tools
4:30 pm – Rich Matthews, Australia
How to BIM an Indian Palace in Australia
Click here for complete information and registration for the Masters of ArchiCAD Summit.
REMINDER: The half-price advance ticket offer ends Wednesday night.