New ArchiCAD video tutorial: Specifications Tips & Tricks with IFC Fields (Part 3 of 4)
I have just posted another in my continuing series of free ArchiCAD tutorials on my YouTube channel.
Perhaps you’ll want to watch it between Thanksgiving courses?
(Then again, maybe it’s better to wait till later in the weekend.)
In this 27 minute video (part 3 of my 4 part series on the innovative use of IFC fields) I’ll show you how to:
- Add clickable web links into your schedules and labels
- Use a “link shortener” to provide a short version of the URL for web pages and PDF documents
- Create a durable, reliable web link for construction document references using Dropbox
- Add a Cost field that can be used as part of budgeting
- Learn a few variations of IFC Mapping to pull precise, current BIM information into your associative labels and schedules
Please add your comments and questions to the YouTube page.
I’d love to know what you think, and whether you feel this will be useful in your practice.
THANKSGIVING AND BLACK FRIDAY GIFTS AND BARGAINS
Almost everyone here in the U.S. is getting ready to gather with family or friends tomorrow for the big Thanksgiving holiday. It’s a time to be thankful and express gratitude, and FEAST!
I am so thankful that YOU are an active member of the ArchiCAD user community, and that I can make an honest living by sharing my training materials with you and your colleagues.
As a small but earnest gesture of thanks, I’m going to give all of my email subscribers a gift on Friday. As you probably know, we have this strange “new tradition” in the U.S. of shopping for bargains on the day after Thanksgiving. Anyone know when this actually started?
Anyway, look for it in your inbox on “Black Friday”.
I’ll also be announcing my biggest sale of the year (in case you’re in the shopping mood).