What went down during the first session of the MASTERS of ARCHICAD 2017 Online Training
That’s the word repeated over and over by attendees at the first session.
Here’s how things went down. (Comments by attendees are indented with quotes.)
After my brief introduction, Tim Ball talked about how to leverage your workflow so you only have to do most things ONCE.
- “Yes – I really want to know about doing things only once, please.”
Andreas Lettner then showed the project to us in the context of a dramatic terrain model.
- “The site looks awesome with the google map overlaid on the contours. Will we learn how to do this by the end of the course? That will be GREAT!!!”
Next he showed the model, with visual tricks that INSTANTLY displayed the massing, facade and internal structure in a variety of different ways. It was stunning.
- “Yes, shell-shocked. How do you get paid for all this stuff?”
Andreas reassured everyone that he’ll teach us how to generate these seemingly complicated presentation and study images very easily.
Tim went over the course outline (16 live online sessions over 8 months), explaining how we’ll cover best practices methods for the project lifecycle in a systematic, easy to understand sequence.
- “The outline for the course looks terrific.”
Andreas then ran through a 35 minute introduction to tools, methods and project structure. Moving quickly, he showed things in a way that a newer user could appreciate, yet somehow he also presented a few methods and ideas that opened my eyes to new possibilities.
I’ve been around ARCHICAD for well over 25 years, and I still learned some new things in his intro!
At the end of the session, there was a chorus of enthusiastic comments:
- “Great first session guys. Both Tim and Andreas are inspiring.”
- “By the way great presentation!”
- “GREAT PRESENTATION”
- “Great. Lots of interesting info.”
- “Thanks all. Looking forward to these sessions.”
- “Great work. Thank you. I cannot wait for the video. Too much information”
The recording of the session has just been posted in the member website.
Watch this first session at your convenience, and be ready for the rest of this inspiring, thought-provoking and transformative course.
You can attend live sessions every other week for the next 8 months, and/or catch the recordings.
I’m confident that this GREAT course will help you make a quantum leap in your understanding and usage of ARCHICAD.
You’ll never regret investing in yourself and your practice.
P.S. I’ll post excerpts from the first session later today, so you can see first-hand what people were talking about.
P.P.S. Tim Ball says that in addition to teaching you lots of cool things:
- “We’re going to show how to efficiently and effectively use ARCHICAD on real projects in a way that makes your firm money.”
Sign up now for the MASTERS of ARCHICAD 2017 Training Series